Saturday, June 13, 2009

I didn't get a lot accomplished today including walking I had planed to do. I can blame the weather for keeping me inside but besides that there isn't an excuse for me lolling about all day. I have been following the hits on Tweeter on Comic Con and Comics and I am happy to see that there are just as many women, if not more, tweeting about how excited they are about comic con or what comics they are reading. I realize this isn't exactly a controlled survey but it does lead me to believe that my feelings about the subject matter for my documentary are correct.

I don't want to produce something that comes off looking like I took my theory and forced it into some kind of pre made mold and the characters come off looking more like actors than real people. Then again this documentary isn't about me walking around Comic Con and reading from some kind of script. The idea is to get an idea of how other people feel about the continuing evolution of comics and even video games that are either based on comics or have comics based on the creation of a video game. How do movies differ from comics and do they bring new readers into comic book stores.

Hopefully I will get some of these questions answered and many more brought to the forfront of peoples minds. I don't know if I will ever get the funding to have this transfered to film so I can submit it to some of the better known film festivals but I will try and get the people at Comic Con to consider it as well as some other local festivals where I live. Oh well, I should call it a night and get ready for tomorrow. Time is ticking and it's not going to slow down.

No comments: