Thursday, July 21, 2011

Enter Noise Sensitive People

Enter Noise Sensitive People: Is a wonderful post that a dear friend of mine wrote, touching me in a way that the urge to write this post was born. It is funny how the world works, there is a young attractive woman sitting down at her computer to write a story, and at that same time there is a man half way around the world who is experiencing the words as they pop up on the screen in a swift succession. Her thoughts transported on the world wide web for all to see, but how many will find the right spot so they can hear the words ring true, not in pain, rather in excitement. Even when they talk about the pain of noise.

Noise is painful when all you seek is the peaceful sound of nothingness. How would it be then if you tried to escape the pain of silence. When the time is just right and the only sounds you can hear come from within, noise takes on a whole other meaning. Not the faint sounds of breathing, or the beat of your heart, as it sends the vital fluid through your body, only to be constricted by the vessels in you neck and head, making for a silent pain that has few rivals.

You try and imagine anything that will take your mind off the pain. And when I say imagine anything, it can be as sublime as lying atop a boat on a deep crater lake where the water is cold enough to preserve life. The only light are from the stars on a moonless night, and the red and green lights for port and starboard. The only other light comes from a beacon back at the docks but it is to my back and I am in a most comfortable position to stare at the night sky.

 The use of an anchor is futile in a lake over a thousand fathoms deep. But this lake is in my minds eye so I am kind of like a god in this world. I can make the ship whatever size I want it, or I could just imagine that I was the ship, and I could feel the icy waters below, except it feels good, as if the hull or my skin were like that of a giant mammal that can traverse the seven seas at great speeds, going from warm waters to cold water where your skin gets rejuvenated from the bodies of water that cover two thirds of this planet and is what gives us life as we all know it. But that is all changing at a rapid pace and you can quote me on this.

"Planet Earth is not in danger from global warming, however; the human race is about to cause a real world wide natural disaster that so many fanatics keep hoping for. Well they can stop what ever it is their doing because more than likely it will feed the monster that lies beneath. Every day the trash from all the industrial nations finds its way to the pacific ocean. There is a mass of plastic trash twice the size of the state of Texas, and it's getting bigger by the minute. Then there are the fresh water lakes and streams, you might as well forget any major river in the world as a source for fresh water. So mark my words, the next major crisis will not be over oil, it will be over water, because without water and salt, you will die, and if it's like what people drink in third world nations, then you will have massive disease, and I can just about guarantee this country turning into a split nation, one group grasping onto democracy while the other choses anarchy."

Now if I had that kind of connection I talked about at the beginning of this post I would share the reality of what we're doing to our beautiful home. Also if you're one of those people that thinks God is going to save us from ourselves, I wouldn't count on a personal appearance.  The problem is centuries old and so far we think we've done a great job. Well if that were true, why is it that we have to live against nature instead of with nature.

However, it is not too late to change our ways and learn to live with each other as a human race and work as one to save the whole. It's time we took responsibility for our home. Believe me when I say it can be done, just as a person can find a quiet place to escape pain, one can become one with the architect of this beautiful world we live in. Now is the time for everyone to look at the problem, make lifestyle changes, then make any kind of effort to find solutions. Even if it's finding a closer recycling place, or be really inventive and figure out how to produce energy more efficiently without the dangers of radiation. The answers are there, you just have to turn off your inner voice and wait for the idea to hit you, it's like nothing you've ever experienced before, unless you already have, then you know what I'm saying is true.

1 comment:

shanaz@RS said...

Hey you! I just found out that you have subtly mentioned me in this wonderful posting. I hope you're doing well Bobby. Thank you for the shout-out even though it has been a month. Keep on writing, you have a gift.